Welcome to the SOCCES project. SOCCES stands for SOCial Competences, Entrepreneurship and Sense of Initiative – Development and Assessment Framework.
SOCCES is a two-year project running from 1st February 2015 to 31st January 2017 and funded by European Commission Erasmus+ Programme. It involves seven partners from six European countries.
The project’s overarching aim is to develop an assessment framework for transversal competences.
The project recognises that there is a variety of approaches to the development of transversal competences (skills and competences relevant to work), with an associated range of assessment methods, Focusing on the two competences, Sense of Initiative and Entrepreneurship, and Social Competences, the SOCCES project has developed and piloted a consistent framework.
These two competences have been selected as their development is lagging behind those of mathematics, science and technology and yet they have a crucial role to play in the future working lives of students and for their personal fulfillment and active citizenship.
This project provides teachers with the means to:
- • Define and describe these entrepreneurial and social competences for their students
- • Support students with the development of these competences in an inclusive, virtually enabled setting
- • Assess and provide feedback to their students on how they are progressing in the development of entrepreneurial and social competences
And it provides learners with:
- • The means to describe, self-assess and benchmark their entrepreneurial and social competences
- • The language to articulate these competences to others such as teachers and employers
- • A means to develop with them in an accessible, virtually enabled environment
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme under grant agreement N° 2014-1-UK01-KA203-001660